PRESSURE INJURY ASSESSMENT AND PREVENTION
DOH Accredited CME - 6 hrs (Category 1)
Stars Medical Assistance Center (SMAC) in collaboration with International Interprofessional Wound Care Group (IIWCG), Pressure Injury Assessment and Prevention Learning Module is designed for wound care clinicians and other healthcare providers working with patients at high risk for development of pressure injury. Would like to improve your understanding of the potential for prevention, care and reduction of pressure injuries? Then this course is for you.
Pressure Injury can occur when a person constantly maintains any position causing pressure to a site. Sites are managed to prevent ulcer development. Preventing shear is discussed.
This program will assist providers in identifying patients who are at higher risk of pressure injuries. SMAC will provide evidence-based, the latest information on prevention strategies and treatment options for patients with (potential) pressure injuries.
1) Discuss wound-bed preparation for treatment of pressure Injury
2) Describe assessment and prevention of pressure Injury
3) Learn standards of care and criteria for best practices
4) Recognize staff education requirements related to pressure Injury
Program Content Outline:
Topic 1 - Structure and Function of the skin, Trauma to the skin, phases of wound Healing
Topic 2 - Epidemiology, Patient Assessment, local wound assessment
Topic 3 - International NPUAP & EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Classification System
Topic 4 - Pressure Injury Prevention Strategies
Topic 5 - How to Prevent Pressure Injuries in your Facility
Topic 6 - Pressure Injury Documentation
What’s in it for me?
• Referenced research from professionally recognized medical websites and organizations.
• All presentations delivered by qualified, experienced healthcare licensed professionals from
International Inter-professional Wound Care Group (IIWCG).
• DOH accredited Continuing Medical Education (6 CMEs, Category 1)