BASIC PRINCIPLES OF INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL
DOH Accredited CME - 5 hrs (Category 1)
Stars Medical Assistance Center (SMAC) Principles of Infection Control and Implementation Course is aimed at those who are looking for or just starting out in the healthcare sector. It is also relevant to any health or medical care worker who wishes to improve their understanding of infection control.
The qualification looks at the knowledge and understanding of the key principles of infection control for hospitals, medical centres, clinics in a wide range of care settings, including hospices, care homes, care in the community and primary care.
Infection control provides information on preventing infection for people and those who are in contact with the members of the healthcare team. The benefit of this course is the achievement of an internationally recognized infection control, progression within your job role and continual professional development.
This qualification is made up of a set of learning outcomes and assessment criteria that describe what you need to be able to do, and things you need to know to achieve your
Objectives of the course:
At the end of this session, the participants will be able to:
• Verbalize definitions related to infection control
• List modes of transmission of infections and portals of entry of bacteria
• Explain universal precautions
• Explain the worker’s role in preventing the spread of infections
• Demonstrate proper hand washing techniques, application and removal of gloves
• Describe appropriate techniques for cleaning up spills.
Program Content Outline:
Topic 1 – Principles of Basic Infection Control
Topic 2 – Universal Precaution
Topic 3 – Healthcare Process, Policies for Infection Control
Topic 4 – Consumer Rights for Health Care
Demonstration on Handwashing/ Doffing & Donning
Topic 5 - Roles Of Healthcare Worker In Infection Control
What’s in it for me?
• Referenced research from professionally recognized medical websites and organizations
• All presentations delivered by qualified, experienced healthcare licensed professionals.
• DOH accredited Continuing Medical Education (5 CMEs, Category 1)